CPMP is going to host the first Business Analyst seminar for professionals who is currently and/or interested at becoming a Business Analyst in the future. This seminar is designed to provide you the first view of what BA is really about, and what the potential future career are. We are existed to bring the industrial experts to share with us about the emerging Business Analyst career – one of the hottest professionals within the industry now.
The seminar is composed of 3 Sections:
- Section 1 – BA and IIBA Introduction – IIBA Toronto Chapter, President, Harold Broos
- Introduction of IIBA
- The values of the BA certifications
- The overview of the processes/procedure of applying for CCBA/CBAP
- How can IIBA and the Toronto Chapter help the BA professionals?
- Section 2 – The Road to Becoming an Effective BA– May Jim
- Why has business analysis emerged in the last two decades as such an important skill in organizations? What implications and opportunities do this phenomenon offer to those interested in the discipline?
- What are the key elements that make a competent BA? Let us examine the tasks that a BA performs, the tools and techniques that he/she must acquire in order to perform these tasks and just as importantly, the personal characteristics a BA should possess in order to be successful.
- After answering the first two set of questions, if you feel this is a profession you’d like to pursue, what options are available to gaining the skills and expertise required to becoming an effective BA?
- Section 3 – BA and PMP Collaboration – Tracy Duan
- The Key values that a BA can bring to an Organization and a project
- How does a Business Analyst work with the project manager and project team in a project
- What the key competences to contribute to a successful business Analyst
- The career path of a Business Analyst
May Jim is an independent IT consultant and coach. She has played key roles in many large, complex business transformational, process re-engineering and application development projects over her 30-year career with IBM as programmer, delivery manager and certified management consultant.
May is a leader in nurturing the emerging business analyst profession. She is a founding member of the IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysis) and a reviewer of the BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge). She currently serves on the Appeals Committee of the Certification Board of Business Analyst Professionals. May has developed and taught at the Schulich Executive Education Centre, Masters Certificate in Business Analysis (MCBA) program from 2007-2012, and is currently on the faculty of George Brown College, Centre for Construction & Engineering Technologies.
Tracy Duan, PMP, CBAP
Tracy Duan is a certified business Analysis Professional (CBAP) with over 10 year experience in business Analysis in banking and IT industry. With in-depth knowledge and strong skill of BA, Tracy moved to project management domain, have successfully led the large, complex project and program across multiple business domains in banks. Tracy is a member of both IIBA and PMI, and the president of CPMPAC in 2016-2017.
9:30 AM – 12:00 PM, Apr 2nd, 2016 Saturday Toronto, Canada
9:30 am – 10:00 am – Registration/Coffee/Network
10:00 am – 10:30 am – Section 1: IIBA
10:30 am – 11:15 am – Section 2: The Road to Becoming an Effective BA
11:15 am – 11:20 am – Break
11:20 am – 11:50 am – Section 3: BA and PMP Collaboration
11:50 am – 12:00 am – Networking
Scarborough Civic Center: Room 1
150 Borough Dr, Toronto, ON M1P 4N7
- Language: English
- Fees: Member: $5 /person; Non-Member: $10 / person
- Volunteer: Free
- Seat limitation and enrolment: 20-25 persons
- contact Cheng Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org or WeChat Toronto2020 for any question. Thanks.